Re: CVS from Syria (proxied)

Mohammed Elzubeir a écrit :

On Tue, 2004-04-13 at 09:33, Armelle Nedelec wrote:

I have the same problem.
First you have to have a CVS client which allow to configure a proxy (not all do), because in Syria you cannot go to internet without using the Proxy.
After that, the firewall of the ISPs in Syria block nearly all the port, so that the reason why you cannot connect to port 2401 (CVS one).

Sourceforge offer a CVS server on port 80 (The port of the web). I tried it and get "HTTP tunneling not permitted". This is not with your ISP, but the other one.
I didn't get further as for the moment I still didn't manage to connect to the other ISP (thank you for the help last time) with Linux, and the hack someone gave me works with Linux.
Hope we can manage to solve this problem.

You know it would be helpful to let me know if the links I sent you were
what solved your problem -- this is especially that it is not specific
to you and others would probably find it useful.

I didn't try the tools, as I still didn't manage to connect to my ISP through LINUX. I'm working on it with someone from Linux Syria and hope to give you good news soon.
Do you know of same tools on Windows ?
Regards
Armelle

Regards, Mohammed Elzubeir