Re: proposal for inclusion of persian fonts in the khotot project

--- Arafat Medini <lumina at silverpen dot de> wrote:
> I tried for at least 3 months now the persian fonts which Roozbah
> poornader posted in the site some months ago and they simply ROCK.

And 'ROCK' are things we like :-)

> These fonts are awesome they sacle down and up and nothing happend, they
> render so perfectly that you think this is REAL professional work.

Yeah, it would be great to get some of that talent helping us out
on the khotot project (Arabeyes' salvaged fonts).  I'm all for including
the missing farsi glyphs to them as well.

> And on top of all of that they are standard conform. I haven't seen
> better fonts in any other os maybe tahoma, which was the best font for
> rendering Arabic, for me "equals" them now and I underline ther tem
> EQUALS.
>
> So I want to ask you to ask Roozbah to get these fonts into the Arabeyes
> repository.  These fonts don't need to be forgotten they need to be
> highlighted!!!

And included they will be - all we needed was someone to test 'em and
raise their voice.  Now that that has been done, we should see 'em in
the khotot project page (for mirroring purposes) along with a collage
hopefully within a day or two.

Roozbeh, if you want them included in the CVS, do let me know (ie. for
future development, etc).

PS: again, we really need some font-aware talent to help out.