Re: Samba Arabic support

On Sat, 2004-04-10 at 11:04, Munzir Taha wrote:

> First, I am using Mandrake 10. I tried to connect to WinXP's PC's in my
> network via smbclient, LinNeighborhood and Smb4K. None of them is able to
> read the arabic filenames. My arabic shares reside in the Windows PC and I am
> trying to reach them from GNU/Linux.

So you are NOT running a Samba server. This makes things very different.
In which case, at least for me, it's nothing I have experimented with. I
don't know how Windows stores its files.

> [..]

Are you able to view Arabic filenames stored locally on your drive?
That's interesting, because what we have here is a Samba server with
windows clients as opposed to Windows server with Linux clients.

Also, what are the settings on the Windows box?

Regards,
Mohammed Elzubeir