Re: gtkDict 0.1 Released :)

Al Salam Alycom

On Thu, 18 Sep 2003 13:27:00 -0700 Nadim Shaikli <shaikli at yahoo dot com>
wrote:
>--- Ahmad Twaijry <msx at hush dot com> wrote:
>> This is the first version of gtkDict (a nice GUI dict client).
>> I hope you like it and if anyone have any questions please send
>> it to me (or to the group :) )
>
>I believe there are already 3 Gtk clients out there.  As listed
>here,
>
>  http://www.dict.org/links.html

Let make it 4 clients :)

Nice client but very old ( http://www.suspectclass.com/~sgifford/wordinspect/screenshot.gif
)

> + Gdict*         - http://www.wlug.org.nz/gdict(1)
>        *part of  - http://www.gnome.org/softwaremap/projects/gnome-

>utils

I didn't now about this.

> + Idict          - contact -> http://www.leto.net

Crash. !!!

>how does your application differ from the others ?

Nothing :) I created this project to learn GTK for a project in my mind
and I think It's will be very nice if I make it use dict.arabeyes.org
as the default server and Arabic as the default language (You can change
the server from the options dialog) and translate it to Arabic if someone
want that.

>BTW: in passing came across this project (might be worth a deeper
>look),
>
>       http://www.ping.uio.no/~ovehk/unidict/
>
>> http://www.4-sms.com/u/03/09/msx-gtkdict-0.1.tar.gz
>
>You might want to post screenshots as well.

The Main window :
http://www.4-sms.com/u/03/09/msx-Screenshot-Gtkdict.png

The result of translating "GNOME" :
http://www.4-sms.com/u/03/09/msx-Screenshot-Gtkdict-1.png

The Options dialog (you can click Query to fetch a list of the databases
names (languages) from the server) :
http://www.4-sms.com/u/03/09/msx-Screenshot-Gtkdict-3.png

You can search one database or all the databases :
http://www.4-sms.com/u/03/09/msx-Screenshot-Gtkdict-4.png