Re: gtkDict 0.1 Released :)

--- Ahmad Twaijry <msx at hush dot com> wrote:
> This is the first version of gtkDict (a nice GUI dict client).
> I hope you like it and if anyone have any questions please send
> it to me (or to the group :) )

I believe there are already 3 Gtk clients out there.  As listed here,

  http://www.dict.org/links.html

which include,

 + Word Inspector - http://www.suspectclass.com/~sgifford/wordinspect/
 + Gdict*         - http://www.wlug.org.nz/gdict(1)
        *part of  - http://www.gnome.org/softwaremap/projects/gnome-utils
 + Idict          - contact -> http://www.leto.net

how does your application differ from the others ?

BTW: in passing came across this project (might be worth a deeper look),

       http://www.ping.uio.no/~ovehk/unidict/

> http://www.4-sms.com/u/03/09/msx-gtkdict-0.1.tar.gz

You might want to post screenshots as well.

> BTW : I have few questions :+0
>
> 1. Can I create a directory for the program in cvs.arabeyes.org  ?

Not until this new project is approved by 'core' (and that shan't
happen for at least 2 weeks or so as Elzubeir is unavailable).

> 2. Can the admin create page for the program in arabeyes (and directory
>    in sf.net for the released file) ?

Again, depends on #1

> 3. How to translate the program to Arabic ? (very few messages).

Look into having your application process and use .POT/.PO files to
display its strings.

Ahmad, once you answer the above prevailing question (of "why yet another
client, how is it superior, etc"), we'll let you know.  This is the same
procedure we give all new projects (you've been through this procedure
before, so bare with us a bit :-).

BTW: you might want to announce your intentions prior to starting
     on a project (coding related topics ought to be directed to the
     'developer' list).