Re: Arabeyes hosts a DICT server

--- Arafat Medini wrote:
> I tried some words:
> for configure I get شكل but إعداد is used in
> KDE, GNOME and at
> almisbar.com which is my favourite dictionary bucaue
> it's VERY accurate...

To be more accurate IMHO, and follow the translator's
guide
(http://www.arabeyes.org/download/documents/guide/translator-guide-en/common.html#AEN187),
it should be أعدّ though إعداد might be
easier to understand.

> For setting I get مكان but it can also have many
> other meanings...

This was a problem from the start, that we have to put
_only_ one translation. Maybe later it can be changed.

> and for setup I get إعداد whereas in KDE GNOME
> and alsmibar تعيين is
> used which is far better I suppose...

I would prefer جهّز which would be closer and
following the guide.

> I'll try many other words, but I am not really
> satisfied...

If it's about translated words, the project is still
under modification. If it's the way translation is
made, maybe there should be some exceptions to the
rule specified for translation some words like setup,
configure, options, and similar words.

> Excuse my critics but as we are setting up -yet
> another- dictionary I
> think it has to be a good one...

Maybe it's not an _excellent_ one, but I'm sure it's a
good one :)

> yours
> Arafat

regards,