Re: Arappix

Tariq wrote:

Sorry to disturb you but would you mind taking a look at Slackware-Live
? If its current mini CD media is changed to regular CD this will
provide additional space for Arabic specific applications.

Don't be silly. You are welcome to disturb me any time you wish :).

I love Slackware but I am not sure it is the best thing to use Slackware Live CD. I would like to stick with Debian-based live CDs because I know it best.

While Morphix is good choice still if you can then check out Slackware-live. BTW have you ever tried Vector SOHO ? It is not Live [ yet ] but may show you how easy and fast it is.

I am looking at morphix and running some hardware detection tests on both morphix and KNOPPIX. I was not too impressed with morphix hardware detection. I am trying KNOPPIX today to see.

Morphix localization docs are not present. They expect you to use the mailing lists for help. comparitvely, KNOPPIX has better docs.

I am leaning toward KNOPPIX as the base for Arabbix. but will have a final decision on Wednesday.

Have a nice day,

Tariq.