Re: Arabbix-0.6 report/comments

On Fri, 10 Oct 2003 11:06:04 -0700 (PDT)
Nadim Shaikli <shaikli at yahoo dot com> wrote:

> + Root background image is very nice, but we need a bigger mention of
>   www.arabeyes.org
It is pretty nice :)
Can you guys raise the resolution to 1600x1200 and scale down instead?
What about people with higher resolutions than the default?

> + The current bottom-panel is too unorganized, I suggest better
> grouping.  Look the link noted below - I tried to put worth what I
> have in mind,
I have said it on IRC, and I have to say it again. Even though the
current Morphix look is alright, it needs an overhaul. If you guys want
to keep it change the GNOME panel to have a translucent background?
Label all the drawers and change their sub-panels to translucent
backgrounds as well.

All in all, you guys should keep the default GNOME2 look. It is very
professional, stream-lined and user-friendly when compared to this IMO.

> + Lots of various permission issues.  I suggest you ditch user 'morph'
> and simply login as 'root' by default (give him 'arabeyes' as a
>   password).
Anmar, I suggest you create an "arabeyes" user with an "arabeyes"
password. Add the user to the sudo-ers file (full access) so he may run
a root shell through sudo in an arbitrary manner.

> + tcsh and emacs are not installed :-)
Please don't waste space Anmar :P

Keep up the good work! I am hoping to distribute Arabbix as soon as
this mailing list says it is stable.

--
| Samy Al Bahra | samy at kerneled dot com |