Re: Open Issues & Todos

--- Munzir Taha <munzirtaha at newhorizons dot com dot sa> wrote:
> On Wednesday 26 November 2003 08:58, Nadim Shaikli wrote:
> > --- Munzir Taha <munzirtaha at newhorizons dot com dot sa> wrote:
> > >
> > > + Some characters are missing from Urdu Nastaliq Unicode, e.g. ALEF
> > > WITH HAMZA ABOVE (U+0623), YEH (U+064A), TEH MARBUTA (U+0629), ALEF
> > > MAKSURA (U+649), ...
> >
> > I'm not sure I understand - missing from Urdu Nastaliq Unicode ?
> > Are you talking about a specific font ?
> Yes, I am speaking about a specific font which comes with the
> fonts-ttf-arabic rpm in Mandrake ;)

Ah, ok (btw: do please put an empty line between what you are citing
and your reply - its easier to see things that way).

> > > This font is a good font IMHO that worth looking at, and should be
> > > added to the khotot project.
> >
> > Can you please post a URL ?
> http://www.arbornet.org/~tabish/u-font/

Do please tell the creators of that font of this problem.  We have to
yet to get in contact with someone that has created (or has the ability
to create) his/her own original fonts.  We have been unable to get in
touch with the KACST font developer.  In short, make sure that the URDU
font creators know of this issue, let us know if you need any backing
or support in letting the owners of the above mentioned font realize
that this is important to us.