Re: Akka one more time

Quoting Mohammad Saleh <salemoh at fastmail dot fm>:

> Salam All,
>
> I got Akka installed and I can use F10, F11, F12 but when I want to type
> Arabic after pressing F11 I can only do that if I press the letter 'O'
> on the keyboard, then a colon appears and I can start typing Arabic, and
> the Arabic text appears after the colon. Is that expected behavior?

Phew! I was expecting more of "I couldn't get it to work". Congratulations ;)

Yes, that is expected behavior. You probably want to try it under VI or similar.
That is where you can test it. On the shell prompt, what you are expecting is
probably not the 'desired' behavior, but it is 'expected'.

Did you get it working on Debian only or RedHat too? Did you compile from the
source or use the .deb package? I'm curious now.

> I've installed mlterm on my machine and went to the location on arabeyes
> to download the fonts for X11 but the tar files of the fonts on the
> arabeyes sourceforge has the extension bz2 how can I get them installed
> (I have both redhat and debian)

I know Nadim pointed to a some site with instructions on dealing with tarballs,
but here is how I prefer to deal with it:

$ tar jxvf file.tar.bz2

Regards,
---
Was I helpful? Let others know: