Re: CAD Software (WordFast)

--- Mohammed Elzubeir <elzubeir at arabeyes dot org> wrote:
[snip]
> In other words, I highly doubt he would make such a
> gesture, but there is no
> harm in asking.

I am wondering if anybody in here used this product
and
what is their experience with it? KDE and GNOME both
have their own translation utilities, which look
rather
promising. WordFast is imo slightly more flexible than
-say- Kbabel, for it at least allows you to intigrate
real word processor into your translation process.

OTOH, I really have the feeling that this is nothing
more than a glorified search-and-replace tool, which
happens to support "industry standard" file formats.
I did some search about this last night, and there is
no mention of any NLP (natural language processing)
capabilities. Meaning, this is just a syntax
translation, with no much insight into *what* it is
translating.

If anybody has features from WordFast (or any other
CAT tool) they would like to see in Kbabel or
Translator, I would like to hear them.

To the original poster (Yasser.) Welcome aboard bro,
got to have you here.