Re: Arabizing arabeyes website

Salam,

Great initiative :-)

You can start right away if you want :-)

What about those pages as a start:

http://www.arabeyes.org/about.php
http://www.arabeyes.org/help.php
http://www.arabeyes.org/proj_trans.php
http://www.arabeyes.org/benefits.php
http://www.arabeyes.org/contact.php

Many of the other pages are dynamic, ie, they are read from a mysql database. We'll look into them later.

M. Elzubeir told me once about a tool that extracts output from php files and creates PO files (like for GNOME or KDE). This will increadibly ease the translator's work in case of an update :-)
Mohamed, a link ?

I know also that Isam have been translating 2 pages. I don't know which ones though... Isam, could you please tell which pages you translated so Ibrahim wouldn't do them again ?

When you are done with the translations just send them to me (or maybe we could already reserve them a place on CVS...). But there's no hurry really. We have to think about a system to incorporate two or more languages on the website, especially with the mysql database. So take your time to translate. However, tell me which pages you'll start with and, _if possible_, some rough deadline.... Again, there's no deadline and no hurry, but just one more bit of information ;)

Thank you,

Youcef.