[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Fw: [Bug 197375] hebrew or arabic string being copy/pasted, reverses
- To: General Arabization Discussion <general at arabeyes dot org>
- Subject: Re: Fw: [Bug 197375] hebrew or arabic string being copy/pasted, reverses
- From: iastrubn at actcom dot net dot il
- Date: Wed, 31 Dec 2003 14:01:34 +0200
- User-agent: Internet Messaging Program (IMP) 3.2.1
Quoting Ahmad Al-Twaijry <msx at hush dot com>:
> Can Everyone vote for this ?!!
> This is a big problem in Mozilla with Arabic
> bugzilla-daemon at mozilla dot org wrote:
> > http://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=197375
actually.. i dont remember seing that.
but the problem (which does not exist in arabic) is that many sites use visual
(and not logical) hebrew, and thus when you copy it to a application which
supports "logical" ordering, it gets "reversed".
We can ask the mozilla dudz to copy the logical content to the cliboard, even
if on the original site it was visual. This makes this funnier, since arabic
is DEFINETLY NOT visually ordered. Looks like a nice bug in the internal parts
of the copy functions of mozilla (can anyone test on windows? not only X11?)
BTW, I have not seen this bug in hebrew, but I will test when I am back home
on Mozilla 1.4.