Re: Obtaining the Certified Quranic Text

On Saturday 20 December 2003 01:22, Ossama Khayat wrote:
> Assalamou Alaikom,

wa alikum assalaam

> One is www.qurandvd.com, which is an excellent set of
> 3 DVDs for viewing with normal home DVD player, or PC
> with text certified from Azhar.

The question is are they willing to give it for free/THAWAB

> Another company is www.harf.com which has the QC
> (Quran Complex) certification (as the presenter told
> me).

AFAIK it doesn't conform to Unicode. They compose the text of many proprietary
fonts. One for _harakat_ another for signs, a third for ... A very
unprofessional (intentional?) hack. BTW: I believe Harf is a very nice
company but I didn't like this at all.

> So, I think something is really wrong, maybe in the
> way we're going with this, or the way to approach any
> of these two certifying authorities.

What has happened to the font Muhammad?

> As I talked with Nadim, I'm (insha'Allah) going to
> talk to the QC people (again) since they are present
> at the exhibition and see what I can reach to. Also,
> I'm approaching Intermedia (Quran DVD company) for
> more info since I bought their product already, and
> got a name of some programmer there.
>
> Let's hope the best, and please make Dua'a for me :)

Really hope so! جزاك الله خيرا ووفقك وسدد خطاك

--
Munzir Taha
PGP Key available:

Mandrake Club member
Maintainer of Mandrake Arabization Project Status (MAPS)
http://www.arabeyes.org/download/documents/distro/mdkarabicsupport.html
CIW Designer, ICDL, MOUS
New Horizons CLC
Riyadh, SA