Re: vi & gtk-2 questions

Salam,

On Sun, 14 Dec 2003 16:20:31 -0800
Moustafa Mounir Elqabbany مصطفى منير القباني <elqabbany at sunnipath dot com> wrote:

> Assalam alaikum.
>
> A couple questions: I'm using vim 6.2 and it types Arabic, but
> backwards.  So if I type ba, ya, ta, I get tayb, not bayt.  Mozilla,
> OpenOffice, and gtk2 apps all work properly with Arabic.  Any thoughts
> on what I'm doing wrong?

If you type :he arabic in vim you'll see that there's a 'rightleft' option. Read the help file and try it out.

> It would be nice if someone wrote a HOWTO on converting gtk applications
> to gtk-2 so it's easy to recompile all the old applications with
> international support.

I'm confused. I thought you have arabic working properly in gtk2? As far as compiling international support into applications, try the Arabic Linux HOWTO on
http://www.arabeyes.org/docs.php. If you have a more specific question then I'm sure the folks on Arabeyes can be of more help than me.