Re: how to display arabic fonts

belahcene abdelkader wrote:

Hi, every body
السلام
عليكم I ve just installed debian, ( in fact knoppix is
more
easy, I complete it with apt-cdrom).
When I use mozilla and connect to an arabic site ,
like www.bbcarabic.com, I get the correct fonts, I
mean the arabic fonts are correctly displayed.
In the composer I can write arabic too
هكذا
But I tried to install the openoffice 1.1 with
the
arabic openoffice.org-l10n-ar_1.1.0-2_all.deb ,
the
fonts displayed in the interface installer are a
list
rectangles...
before that I installed the standard
OOo_1.1.0_LinuxIntel_install.tar.gz , but there
in
no
arabic writing.
Someone has an idea
thank you very much.
bela

و السلام
عليكم

It sounds as if you don't have the fonts installed. Try spadmin to see what's there and to add what's missing. And since you perfer to communicate in arabic you will likely firn users at ar dot openoffice dot org to be a good list on which to ask your questions.

--
Postest nocenti contingere ut lateat, latendi fides non postest.