Re: i have 2 problems

Please wrap you mails ;)
Once upon a time Anas Al-Moosa wrote @ Sun, 27 Apr 2003 23:51:07 -0700
(PDT)

> alsalamo aleakom.i have 2 problems, (one of witch doesnt have any
> thing to do with arabization) 1st, I have RedHat 8.0 , i cannot write
> or read arabic text, even when i change to arabic layout... i tried
> Katoob & couldnt do any thing with itit just prints strange drawing
> with each character i type.Any help ?

mkdir /usr/share/fonts/default/msttf
# cp /mnt/win_d/windows/Fonts/*.ttf     /usr/share/fonts/default/msttf
Finally, edit your /etc/fonts.conf. You will find in the first few lines
the paths that contain fonts, just add the new path to them
<dir>/usr/share/fonts/default/msttf</dir>
logout then login

>  second: just any suggested links or so:
> err..... 2 partitions loss, because i was fiddling with GRUB command
> prompt, (with those things as rootnoverify & setup & so). i discovered
> that a kernel panic problem came......(no init msg) ...which appeared
> after that that the linux swap,linux root, and 1 NTFS partitions where
> gone) the linux /boot wasn`t gone..i tried to repair the
> partitiontable with partition magic,but it only made it worst,it
> placed a big (UNKNOWN type 1f partition).... any suggestionsOnTrack
> easy recovery profitional didnt help thanks

didn't understand, what did you do exactly ?

--
-- Katoob Main Developer