Getting arabic to work

Salam,

I'm trying to get arabic to work on linux. The HOWTO is a little bit
confusing.

1 - I don't know how to check for the options of the linux kernel, any
help is appreciated.

2 - Orbit link is not working, on my Debian machine I installed the
Orbit package but when I tried to install the Akka package it complained
about fribidi (I don't know where to get the Debian package from since I
installed the fribidi libs but I doubt the package manager in Debian
would knows about it)

3 - Installed Akka the tar way and now it complains about Orbit.

4 - SWIG installed fine but I don't know what Akka is going to say about
it.

I'm not that familiar with Linux coding may be Mohammed can shed some
light here. I find it strange to find an ORB broker required in such an
application?

Regards,
--
Mohammad J. Saleh