just joined

Salam All,

I'm a new comer to arabeyes.org and a new comer to Linux. I would like to get started.

  • What's the preferred distribution that most of you are using (checked the archive and found a discussion about mandrake anything else?)
  • I registered and got a great email from Youcef, just wanted to know what is the user name and password that is apparent on the website? I was asked for a user name when registering but not a user name to choose.
  • As a new comer to linux what is the preferred editor for coding?

After I have everything setup then I'll dig more to see how to compile and so.

Mohammed J. Saleh