Re: OpenOffice

On Sun, 19 May 2002 14:41:08 -0500,
  "Mohammed Elzubeir" wrote:

> Looks like it's finally here ;)
>
> Bidi+shaping+OpenOffice... full circle ;)
>

> http://arabeyes.sf.net/download/3rd/libstlport4.5gcc3_4.5.3-4_i386.deb
> http://arabeyes.sf.net/download/3rd/bidi-openoffice.org_1.0.0-4_i386.deb
>
> I have not been able to contact the original author of the patch..
> my emails to him bounced (which was the reason why I sent that
> 'test --ignore' cause it should have shown up in 'developer' as well).
>
> In any case, that is all I know about it. The patches originated from
> IBM (.il) and all I could find are those debian packages (which works
> out well for me ;).
>
> I tried it, and it works nicely. Enjoy ;)

I'm confused - is this a patch that openoffice will include into future
releases ?  Is there any info on what this patch does (ie. can we track
the current OpenOffice (non-patched) deficiencies/bugs to ensure proper
inclusion of this patch into the main trunk ?  We don't want to yet again
fall through the cracks :-)

I spent a bit of time on www.openoffice.org and really didn't get anywhere
in terms of info -- there seems to be a localized Arabic version of the
source, but no mention beyond that.  Did I miss a link/page discussing
these issues ?

We also should query and look into whether anyone out there would be willing
to host a mirror for the Arabic package (China seems a long way away :-)
once the patch is properly included (version 1.1.0 or something)

  http://www.openoffice.org/dev_docs/source/1.0.0/index.html

Regards,