spaniard wants to type arabish on DEBIAN

hi! my name is alberto corbi, a spanish physics and arabic student...

I've recently hangin' around yor arabeyes project and let me first of
all congratulate you for your efforts... well done! it was high time
somebody got interested in merging arabic and linux...

and now the questions....

I see you can, for example, use gvim with arabic... but, how i do it my
self with my spanish keyboard and DEBIAN distro? what files shoud i
edit? what fonts to download?

how can I test your version of gnome-arabic?

how is arabic codified? for the time being i do use arabtex... arabtex
uses ASMO 490 to codify arabic with latin letters? for instance, if i
want to type "house" y write in my latex file: <byt>... then arabtex
translates this to arabic with arabic letters in a dvi file... how is it
done in gnome or gvim...?

how can i have openoffice-bidi working with arabic?

by the way... i have a logo for gnome-arabic... if you are interested i
can mail it... :-)

thanks millions before hand and good luck!

--
Alberto Corbi Bellot
Student