[anne@wms.to: Re: User question Kedit]

This is something that I thought is good to know .. I did not know it .. it will enable the use of Arabic file names in KDE .. please Haydar notice it for HayderLinux

----- Forwarded message from stynx <anne at wms dot to> -----

From: stynx <anne at wms dot to>
To: kde-i18n-doc at mail dot kde dot org
Subject: Re: User question Kedit

> > The next point is the konq file browser/vieuwer.
>
> I don't know what you exactly mean. But if you wan to view Arabic pages in
> Konqueror, you have to choose a font that contains Arabic Unicode.

:) Browsing is really good, its about saving filename.txt in arabic, and than
the display of the filename in konq.
Found a nice hack, it works, but i'm not shure if this is the correct way.
</hack>
or set the environment variable KDE_UTF8_FILENAMES=1 (yes,
this is an undocumented feature).
<hack>
The place where I am going to put it is in the /usr/bin/startkde
It works.

Cheers,
Annemieke

--
---------
"UNIX was not designed to stop you from doing stupid things, because

----- End forwarded message -----