Re: [anne@wms.to: User question Kedit]

I don't know about kedit, but I'll talk about kate
which is included with KDE 3.0.x as well.

You must save the file in an encoding that supports
arabic like utf-8 then open it w/ the same encoding
you saved in.

--- Isam Bayazidi <bayazidi at arabeyes dot org> wrote:
> please help him is you can
>
> ----- Forwarded message from stynx <anne at wms dot to>
> -----

> <20020729140007 dot 13119 dot qmail at mail dot kde dot org>
> From: stynx <anne at wms dot to>
> To: kde-i18n-doc at mail dot kde dot org
> Subject: User question Kedit
<mailto:kde-i18n-doc-request at mail dot kde dot org?subject=help>

<mailto:kde-i18n-doc-request at mail dot kde dot org?subject=subscribe>

<mailto:kde-i18n-doc-request at mail dot kde dot org?subject=unsubscribe>

> Hello
>
> I hope you people can and want to help me,
> when using kedit for typing arabic it works just
> fine.
> But when I save the file and re open it, it displays
> a lot of ???, but no
> arabic.
> Is this a know problem?
> Does somebody know a solution or a better
> application to read/write/save
> arabic text files?
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Annemieke
>
> --
> ---------
> "UNIX was not designed to stop you from doing stupid
> things, because
> that would also stop you from doing clever things."
>      						-- Doug Gwyn
>
> ----- End forwarded message -----

=====
       Sayed Jaffer Al-Mosawi
   Project:     Arabeyes Project (TM).
   Goal:        Bringing Unix to arabic world.
   Homepage:    http://www.arabeyes.org
   IRC Channel: #arabeyes / Server: irc.openprojects.net
   Browsing - Galeon = No_Browsing