Re: Request for comments on Square Arabic

--- "Chahine M. Hamila" wrote:
> Well, Nadim, as I told in my previous mail quite a few times, and as
> Muhamed just said it again, it is not about eliminating shaping as much
> as add a few handy options. In any case, the gain in sheer number of
> converted software as well as in algorithmic efficiency is just too
> important to ignore, so again, being only an option, those who later
> would like to see Cursive Arabic where they don't feel confortable with
> Square Arabic will have every right to do it;)

My point is that "square" Arabic should not give you (or any other developer)
a false sense of an application being Arabic-enabled simply by the additions
of those fonts.  Why?  because <speculation> 98% of the Arabic population, as
history has testified, will reject it </speculation>.

You wanted a comment - you got one, so leave me out of it :-)