Re: Arabic electronic dictionary

---  Sara Mraish <saramraish earthlink.net> wrote:
> THanks for your respond. I am actually starting to look at this myself now
> don't know yet where I am heading with this...But I think I would not like
> open source probably.. I am not sure I understood what you mean clearly. I am
> trying to see if I can creat the UI and end user for this so that I can
> intgrate electronic dictionary to end usre...something like a search engine
> like ajeeb.com or Almisbar.com where you can look up a word in Arabic and get
> the result in English..

Well, I'm not sure it would be fair then to assist you in any great length
unless others were to benefit from your work.  In other words, if whatever
it is that you are pondering/planning will not be something that others
will have access to (in terms of inspecting the source and using it), then
our efforts and time should be spent elsewhere helping others that _are_
into open source and into improving our community and our overall intellect.

  http://www.opensource.org/docs/definition_plain.html

Don't take it the wrong way; we're here to help - but we are first and
foremost an open source project and hold to that mantra very strongly.
This should in turn (and we hope) convince you and others to start all
your new projects under an open source license.  If you have concerns
about doing so, air them out and I'm sure you will hear plenty of opinions
(pro and con) with regards to going in such a direction.

> To be honest I just thought of this and I am trying to explore it myself
> since I am learning C++ ...

The coding of such a thing is not difficult given the actual raw material
(the so-called "dictionary").

PS: do please correspondence on the mailing-list(s).