HOWTO Force Arabic fonts under konqueror

These sites use CSS, so you can force your Style Sheet
in konq. To do so:
1. Settings -> Configure Konqueror -> Stylesheets.
2. Under General Tab, select the last option (Use
accessiblity stylesheet defined in "Customize"-tab).
3. press Customize tab.
4. then choose your "Base family:" under Font family
and check "Use same family for all text". Times New
Roman [Monotype] works fine with me; and you need to
install that from windows partition.
5. Press OK ;)
6. Restart konqueror and reopen the arabic site.

Notes!:
1. You will see some difference between the original
site when you use the default stylesheet and when you
use the csutomized stylesheet. Especially in
www.aljazeera.net regarding some images and
backgrounds.
2. You have to restart konqueror when you change using
stylesheets from default to customized and vice versa.

I'll email you my konqueror's screenshots w/ SS and
w/o SS to  see the difference between two cases -I
don't wanna flood the mailing list ;) -

--- Ahmad Al-rasheedan <asr at baldi dot cc> wrote:
> Salam,
>
> Under latest Mozilla, I get to force the use of an
> Arabic font and I have
> no problem displaying Arabic web pages. I wonder if
> such setting is possible
> under latest konqueror (3.0.7). I use Microsoft
> Tahome Xft fonts under
> konqueror but get to see boxes mixed with Arabic
> fonts when visiting
> http://www.arabgate.com.
>
> Thanks.
> --
> Ahmad Al-rasheedan

=====
       Sayed Jaffer Al-Mosawi
   Project:     Arabeyes Project (TM).
   Goal:        Bringing Unix to arabic world.
   Homepage:    http://www.arabeyes.org
   IRC Channel: #arabeyes / Server: irc.openprojects.net
   Browsing - Galeon = No_Browsing