Re: Accounts -- to be active or not to be

On Wed, 29 Sep 2004 16:16:54 +0100
Muhammad Alkarouri <malkarouri at yahoo dot co dot uk> wrote:

> So in the current list there are no such complaints. Say next year
> some 1500 persons appear out of no where, they can be noted and
> disqualified. By the way, is it that easy to get a cvs account? I
> don't think it is.
>
> What this mean:
> - We need a point in the handbook for voter/runner disqualification.
> - We need a period for complaints
> - No change of rules while elections are running

I don't think the system is that easy to game, to get a CVS account
someone from core has to open it for you, the list o CVS account holders
is public so any strange additions of many people who end up being non
active would be noticed.

now this is not fool proof but I doubt it can be abused to the point
where you get more than one core member through fraud (specially when
coupled with faith in the decency and honor of people), so the worst
that could happen IMO is to have 4 members of core democratically
elected and one member elected unfairly which is good enough a worst
case scenario for me.

I'm of the school of worrying more being inclusive and open than about
avoiding nasty people, I'd prefer to trust the bulk of arabeyes members
over trusting core not to game the system, so less power to core and
less regulation is IMO a good thing.

cheers,
Alaa