Re: Core's Limits

--- Abdulaziz Al-Arfaj <alarfaj0 at yahoo dot com> wrote:
> I have noticed that although some simple and fair rules have been set by the
> current core for the upcoming elections in the Arabeyes Handbook (or as Nadim
> prefered to call it, the Constitution), it has not been discussed yet whether
> this document and the rules of the elections should be subject to change in
> the future.
>
> Should some future core, many many many years into the future, be allowed to
> completely abolish the elections? Will they have the power to say we should
> only translate POs that have an odd number of strings because they're
> superstitous?
>
> Well, seriously, I think a few things, one of which is the Handbook should
> not be changeable by Core unless they have the approval of the general
> Arabeyes public via a general vote.

Post you bringing this topic up on IRC (thanks again), I tried to address
this issue (again in a simple manner) and section 2.3 was added.  A number
of changes were also made to the handbook/constitution (latest version being
1.4), so it might be wise to go print the PDF [1] or to browse through the
html,

  http://www.arabeyes.org/download/documents/handbook/handbook-en/

Make sure to raise any issues or put forth your comments (safety nets are a
"good" thing), we are getting close to the wire here and need all of this
hoopla over and done with ASAP.

BTW: the PDF needs to be updated (not sure how that is done on
     our 'about' page).

[1] http://www.arabeyes.org/about.php