Re: Registering as a Non-Profit

Salam.

we need 7 people who are willing to be registered as "founders" on the appropreat document. It would be best, if those were all in germany, but i got some information (i'm still following it) that even non-german-residents can be founders of a non-profit-organisation.

Either way i'm willing to be part of this. I will isa try and start a "satzung", that is the paper concerning the goals, the name and the structure of the organisation. I will then try and translate into english, so that we have the document in the "native" language of this board and so that everyone can give his opinion. Most of it will be legal bits, that won't be that important. But i think the goals of the organisation should be crystal clear.

Salam.

Omar

Nadim Shaikli wrote:
--- Omar Abo-Namous <merlin12345 at gmx dot de> wrote:

Keep in mind that we are after something that requires no annual or
reoccurring paperwork and which has minimal (if any) costs.  I'm sure
there are various help organizations out there and various projects
that can be probed for direction/assistance (we're not looking for a
speedy solution as much as a proper, long-lasting one).

hate to be the one, who complicates things, but this won't work without *some* annual paperwork. Basically we must have a "idara" which is elected every year (this can be changed to whatever value we need) and they'd have to present every now and then (but not more than three years) a financial summary to what money flowed the passed time. Sometimes it is needed to present all the activities one has done, to get the "non-profit"-status updated. Though i think, that all this is doable, i also think we shouldn't underestimate it.

Well, the question then is would the people that have noted being in
Germany be willing to be responsible for this (we'll of course furnish
all the info - its already all out in the open as is).  I'm not sure
how many people minimum you'd need to setup an organization but out
of the handful already mentioned, would one volunteer to take care of
all these issues (someone we can truly depend on) ?

Now to the matter on hand: i posted the few docs earlier for the german-speaking ones. These contain the first docs, we'd have to deliver, so that we get a "registered" behind our name.

As noted, most don't know German - so you'll need to ask us specifics
if you need it.  But before we proceed along those details - do we have
a committed number of people willing to do to proceed ?

Omar, maybe you can tell us how many people minimum we'd need so we can
start ruffling some feathers to get some movement on this topic.