Re: Registering as a Non-Profit

Salam,

Keep in mind that we are after something that requires no annual or
reoccurring paperwork and which has minimal (if any) costs.  I'm sure
there are various help organizations out there and various projects
that can be probed for direction/assistance (we're not looking for a
speedy solution as much as a proper, long-lasting one).
hate to be the one, who complicates things, but this won't work without *some* annual paperwork. Basically we must have a "idara" which is elected every year (this can be changed to whatever value we need) and they'd have to present every now and then (but not more than three years) a financial summary to what money flowed the passed time. Sometimes it is needed to present all the activities one has done, to get the "non-profit"-status updated. Though i think, that all this is doable, i also think we shouldn't underestimate it.

Now to the matter on hand: i posted the few docs earlier for the german-speaking ones. These contain the first docs, we'd have to deliver, so that we get a "registered" behind our name.

Salam.

Omar

The following brave souls seemed very eager to help out, so don't be
shy about directing the rest of us on what needs to be done, etc.

 Omar Abo-Namous
 Michelle Konzack
 Petra Duenges
 Arafat Medini

PS: Ayman, you're being CC'ed since you are in Germany and since we
    need to talk to you about this and other matters (do please reply
    when you get a chance).

Do please tell us what is needed and how we should proceed ?  This is
the time to get into details and to actually get this item taken care of.

BTW: for those not subscribed to the 'forum' [2] list, please do so ASAP.

[1] http://lists.arabeyes.org/archives/general/2004/December/msg00034.html