Registering as a Non-Profit

With regard to this topic which was touched at and semi-settled upon in
a thread on the 'general' list [1], I would like to get all those that
stepped forward to re-group and to set forth a plan-of-action so that
Arabeyes does indeed get registered as a non-profit entity in Germany
(no other country stood-out more :-).

Keep in mind that a very large number of us (most) don't speak German
at all - so attaching documents and/or pointing at websites would not
do us any good.  What is needed is organization; those that stepped
forward need to do so again and to tell the rest of us what needs to
be done and what we should collectively do to get this to become a
reality.

Keep in mind that we are after something that requires no annual or
reoccurring paperwork and which has minimal (if any) costs.  I'm sure
there are various help organizations out there and various projects
that can be probed for direction/assistance (we're not looking for a
speedy solution as much as a proper, long-lasting one).

The following brave souls seemed very eager to help out, so don't be
shy about directing the rest of us on what needs to be done, etc.

 Omar Abo-Namous
 Michelle Konzack
 Petra Duenges
 Arafat Medini

PS: Ayman, you're being CC'ed since you are in Germany and since we
    need to talk to you about this and other matters (do please reply
    when you get a chance).

Do please tell us what is needed and how we should proceed ?  This is
the time to get into details and to actually get this item taken care of.

BTW: for those not subscribed to the 'forum' [2] list, please do so ASAP.

[1] http://lists.arabeyes.org/archives/general/2004/December/msg00034.html