Re: Donations

First off, I'm CC'ing your reply to the 'forum' mailing-list as that is
the proper place to discuss such things (the 'announce' list is as its
name denotes, strictly for announcements).

On Thursday - 26.August.2004 [15:19:03 -0700],
 Michelle Konzack <linux4michelle at freenet dot de> wrote:

 > > As a grass-roots volunteer transparent project, Arabeyes fully believes
 > > in and advocate openness in all regards.  As such, Arabeyes' has long
 > > vowed to keep all its financial records and transactions (donations and
 > > expenditures) available for scrutiny.
 > >
 > > For further details please inspect the 'Donation' [2] page.
 >
 > Question:	Where is Arabeyes hosted ?
 > 		Where is the Siege ?

You can get that info from this page,

  http://www.arabeyes.org/thankyou.php

 > The Address is from the USA and donations to a Bank in the USA
 > are quiet expensive !!!
 >
 > Better is, if you have an Bank-Account in Europe...
 > And here you will get more donations as in the USA because they
 > are more friendly to "Arabs".  :-)

Its in the US due to many reasons none of which are political or
ideological.  Out of the four locations looked into (based on
'core' member physical location), the US and the 'core' member
there seemed to be the only feasible option.  As for fees, I'm
not sure we'll ever circumvent them - at a minimum now, whenever
someone donates they be assured that every penny they donate will
arrive without any fess from our end (ie. you know exactly what
you sent, etc).

 > European can be make donations most times for free or very cheap
 > (except in France) because the IBAN/BIC.
 >
 > Wire-Transfer via SWIFT is crazy and only for USA-Residents !

Not quite; wires are a standard most of the world uses without issue,
IBAN/BIC are simply a means to identify banks (ie. like routing numbers),
any funds need to still be "wired" to be transfered.

Thanks for your comments/concern.

Do please subscribe to 'forum' if you have further comments.  I shan't
reply to any private mails.