Re: The Arabic Abbreviation Dictionary

<snip>
But one problem remains, if we use Arabic abbreviations, and those who are poor in English will learn the Arabic abbreviations the English ones, wouldn't that separate us from the west?
That IS when translation comes in...are the people in jp lost? I heard/read that they translate everything into jpese and they spend a lot of resources on translation only..and yet they are the most successful .. they didn't get where they are today by abandoning their language but by enriching it with new stuff...I don't know why you always assume that things will stay the same a it forever .. may be someday en will have translate from ar..who knows...
wouldn't that make those people lost when they happen to have to face the world?
Face what world? it isn't imperative that every single person will have to leave her/his country and _face_ the world...people live and die in their home countries...facing the world (i.e. traveling) isn't the default route imo...
I think that teaching children better English is better than using Arabic terms that they understand..... That will just make them less interested in English.

Really? if you teach someone en (or anything for that matter) that will make them less interested? how is that logically correct?

Teach them anything..it is always good to learn new languages..but your reason is incorrect...

Anyways, why don't we just use CD? :D

Cheers,
Laith Juwaidah