Re: I want to help arabize KDE

On Tuesday 01 May 2007 07:12:44 Laith Juwaidah wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I heard about your site when I registered as a translator in KDE's site....
> I read that if I want to be added as the contributor in the KDE project I
> have to say that in the doc mailing list, so I'm sending this to you... One
> more question, shall I upload translated files to your site or to KDE's
> site or both?
>
> No more questions your honor :P
>
> Laith Juwaidah

السلام عليكم

Thanks for respecting the measures :).

You can see the list of translatable files here
http://l10n.kde.org/stats/gui/stable/ar/index.php and here
http://l10n.kde.org/stats/gui/trunk/ar/index.php . Once you make a choice and
pick a "PO file", you will have to communicate your choice to the maintainer
(me). After translating the chosen file, send it to my email, I will then
commit it to KDE SVN. (incha'allah).

Welcome aboard, and don't get frightened by the large number of untranslated
and badly translated files, Gnome was a similar case and reached 100% quickly
after :). Keep in mind that it is very worthy to translate open source
applications to Arabic, as this is a first step to establish an Arabic IT
identity and make computer technology reach a wider audience.