Re: Translators: a helping hand

the University of Salford[1], they operate a unique course called
"Arabic/English Translation and Interpreting" [2]. Fits well with what
we do, right? It is the only course of its type in the United Kingdom.

Why don't you register that course and attend it? :)
I recently met a lecturer who lectures this course at that university.
He is named Anice[3]. I've talked to him about what we do and the
difficulties we face in translation and i18n, showed him the website
and I think he is willing to give us a helping hand.

This is great, I hope we can get him involved with us...
However I wouldn't like to request that he signs with the
website/mailing lists for now. Instead, I will meet him face to face
with our issues.

You are right...

Add the 'abbreviations' issue which we are discussing now *1 ...

*1 : http://lists.arabeyes.org/archives/doc/2006/October/msg00074.html

Mohamed