Re: Invitation to revive OpenOffice.org Arabic translation project

Salam Ossama

Good job! I'm truly intrigued to see this work being revived. OOo is
really very important, I've lost count of the number of times I had
successfully recommended it to Arabic users.

I may help in some areas. Having worked in managing Gnome for some time
I can say that syncing back and forth between our work and the
mothership can be a real pain and tiring sometimes. I've scripted it all
up with Perl, and it looks like I can easily adjust the script to be
workable enough for you. Please let me know if you would like to go in
this direction :)

For an example of the power of the script, I can sync all files of
Gnome's 250 packages, mail the translation status and stats to this ML,
mail everyone involved with what they have left to translate, etc, all
in no more than 5 commands.

Also, a wiki page (wiki.arabeyes.org) detailing the work where you can
direct potential contributors can do wonders.

Finally, I encourage you to have a look at the technical dictionary,
where we are trying to standardise the terms.

Just my 2 DZ centimes (~ $0.0002). I know that you are a lot more
experienced in this than I am :)

Djihed