Re: Translation: Starting Point

االسلام عليكم
في إثنين 06 مارس 2006 12:22, كتب Mohammad Halawah:
> I agree with the solution you provided. I just have an idea the list
> might find nice. We can list the terms needed an Arabic equivalent.
> (I am using "equivalent" instead of "translation" coz someone might
> jump and say this is not CORRECT translation).

	I think it should be a small english-only dictionary for computer sciences. I
suggest to classify the terms by categories, for example: programming,
office, internet, games, social, graphical design, multimedia, ... , to make
the equivalent according to the context. The terms also need a short
definition.
Does anyone already know where we can find a similar list to not waste our
time and efforts?

> Then setup a meeting includes Arabic linguistics and computer hackers.

	This will need a call to all arabic lovers: Please, if you represent , know
how to contact, work with, an authority in Arabic, help us get the potential
list adopted and certified, and get the help of profesionals, because this is
very serious and very crucial.

> The aim of this committee is to come up with alternatives. Preferably
> this should be attended by old and young ppl. Old ppl coz they lived
> both eras (before and after computer boom) and they have some wisdom.
> Young ppl, because they are the one to use this terms the rest of their
> lives, and they have fresh ideas.
>
> Then next step is to make pools and we all contribute in the process of
> selecting the "wining" equivalent term.
>
> Lastly, our beloved translators use the agreed upon terms.

Can we start ?