Fwd: Arabeyes Technical Dictionary

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: B. Younes <younes dot behloul at gmail dot com>
Date: 22 mars 2006 00:44
Subject: Re: Arabeyes Technical Dictionary
To: Mohammed Adnène Trojette <adn at diwi dot org>
Cc: doc at arabeyes dot org

Salem,

First I would thank all the arabization team for the great work your doing.
As Adnène said, I talked with him about a kind of a dictionary, to
centralize terms translation to Arabic.

I'll try to give my point of view in the next paragraph:

   - the more Arabic governments are involved in this work, by adapting
   it,  the more the translation will be used. We must avoid (for once)
   different technicals translations like what happened in other science.
   - the translation result (data), must be easily accessible by every
   body ==> a web page, or a java program.
   - to fix a term translation we must have a kind of protocol.
   - this the version 0.1 of the protocol:

   1. a term translation passes throw many stages (like Debian :)
   2.  a-unstable b-testing c-stable
   3. terms are introduced periodically to the unstable stage
   4. for every term introduced: a first team, made of arabization
   developers and translators, suggests a list of Arabic translations
 (example for the term: windows = نافذة , إطار ....)
   5. at the end of the stage period of a term, a vote between the first
   team members is made to elect three (may be more or less) translations
 (the simplest way to do this is having a diffusion list for every domain :
 multimedia, Internet, development ... ), members of the concerned list
 receive an HTML email with radio buttons to chose the best translation of
 the English term.
   6. then the elected translation should be discussed for a while by
   another team (the second team ), at the end  of the testing period a vote
 is made also to elect one Arabic translation between those kept for this
 stage.

   7. Members of the second team must master Arabic and computing also,
   some members should be represent Arabic governments also.
   8. This protocol is a proposal, it under GPL Licence :)  you can
   change it and/or modify it

Younes.