Re: MoinMoin Translation

On Friday 07 July 2006 19:58, AJS wrote:
> I am trying to translate MoinMoin and I am having alot of trouble with
> writing Arabic and English in the same line. For instance, translating
> this:
>
> 0389: msgid "No differences found!\n"
Click Edit, and then select all the text, copy it and paste in a text editor
(Notepad, vi, KWrite, Gedit ...). Save the files as moinmoin-ar.po. Then open
it in your favourite PO files editor (POedit, KBabel ..) .

Gedit as a text editor has good bidi support.
> The result will be this:
>
> 0390: msgstr "ْلا يوجد اختلافات! \n"
>

> Is there any plugin for Firefox or Thunderbird with Bidi support? Will
> that make a difference or will there be problems in the *.po files
> anyway? I think I am forgetting/missing something.
Personnally, I don't care about Bidi. The best thing to do is to type the text
without caring about how it appears in the editor.
This result:
0390: msgstr "ْلا يوجد اختلافات! \n"
Is correct.
This great website http://www.k2.dion.ne.jp/~oibane/aonl/en/software.htm