Re: Translate Ubuntu Starter Guide

--- scorpix <scorpix at gawab dot com> wrote:
> I translated the [1] Unofficial Ubuntu Starter Guide to arabic
> and wanna share it with you, so if there's any errors please
> tell me about them.
>
> [1] http://ubuntu.arabdevs.com

Very cool - if there are files you are up-keeping and you'd like to
maintain them on arabeyes and are willing to do so for the long-haul
(ie. want to start a project) mail 'contact' with that request.

BTW: you might want to make the latin/english command text be
     left-aligned (ie. all the command text in those boxes would
     make more sense if it were left-aligned).  And make sure to
     change the HTML page's charset from 'iso-8859-1' to 'utf-8'.

> And i like to start on translating Open Source applications and
> it the first time for me in translating applications.
>
> I read the translators guide and try on simple file, and i see
> its easy :), but i want to know if i only have to read CVS Howto
> to start on translating projects or there's more things i should
> know before start?

I think that's about it - you will be able to download CVS files
(to read 'em) but in order to modify and upload 'em back you'll
need CVS commit (ie. write) access.  So before doing anything,
make sure to contact the maintainer of your project of interest
and ask them to assign you something to do so that you can mail
them back your completed work for them to inspect it, commit it
on your behalf and recommend you for CVS commit access if all
goes well.  If you don't know whom to contact, mail this list
with your "gimme something to do on XYZ" request.

Hope that helps.

Celebrate Yahoo!'s 10th Birthday!