Re: Possible msgfmt BUG detected

--- Munzir Taha <munzirtaha at newhorizons dot com dot sa> wrote:
[...]
> My objection is that you didn't post the whole msgid and msgstr accurately ;)
> Please tell us about the whole exact msg and the .po
> filename. There are many issues here: If this a plural syntax then there
> should be %n somewhere, besides %d and %s usage is obsolete and shouldn't be
> used by programmers at all.

translate/gnome/desktop/file-roller.po. Thats the file, and the culprit strings
are 214 and 215.

There is no %n in these strings though they are plural-forms, and I did not
know that %d and %s were obsolete. You might be talking about KDE. In GNOME %s
and %d are used in almost every single file. Well I guess programming-wise, KDE
has historically been a step of ahead of GNOME. Too bad we can't nearly say the
same thing about their Arabization projects :p (not until recently anyway)

I'm really sorry I cannot discuss this with you in a lot of depth. I'm going
away for a while. Please look into this as a favour for me :)

Thanks a bunch.

Abdulaziz,