Re: Translate KDE

--- Munzir Taha <munzirtaha at newhorizons dot com dot sa> wrote:
> On Yaum al-Jumma 23 Sha`ban 1425 02:13 am, Nadim Shaikli wrote:
> > There are reasons why there are project maintainers
> > and leaders - if they are absent and people don't complain there isn't
> > much anyone can do.
>
> If all those messages are not complains, don't know how can I complain
> better/worse?!
>
> > It is the project maintainer's responsibility and all the volunteers'
> > to shout and yell about problems and to be proactive in bringing forth
> > solutions.
>
> I belive I have done all this shouting and yelling in all possible good and
> bad ways.
>
> I have also offered to help:
> <quote>Isam, I know it's a boring process and error-prone but we have to do
> it, anyway. Please, tell me if you are busy and need my help to track more
> files.</quote>

I re-read your messages and here is why it fell through the cracks.
You are addressing Isam and for someone not working on KDE or keeping
close tabs on the situation it looks/sounds like you and Isam (maybe
others) are working things out.  What is worrisome here is that Isam
hasn't replied and this situation escalated to where it is now - that's
what I meant by sounding the alarm.  A "Hey, the KDE maintainer has not
responded in X days and we are very much behind - could the Arabeyes
managers step-in".

Hope that makes sense and that you see the difference.

I suggest we give Isam a couple of days and try to contact him more
directly (IRC maybe even phone) for an answer one way or another else
we'll need to proceed on a different path.