Re: Mandrake Manuals

Youcef Rabah Rahal wrote:

| Salam,
|
| On Friday 21 May 2004 10:35, Ahmad Tarek wrote:
|
| Salam All,
|
|> First I would like to apologize for just disappearing without any
|>  notice and didn't finish my translation work. I saw that it was
|> done (fedora/help-screen-C.po) and a way better that I. I think I
|> will contribute - after exams - in any thing except translations
|> as it considered very hard to me to find suitable sentences for
|> the English sentences.
|
| No problem. Just give us a notice next time ;-) And good luck for
| your exams.

Thank you

| As for translation quality, this is something that can be improved
| with experience, so you should not give up so quickly ;)

I might try smaller files next time... who knows? ;-)

|> Second, I know some persons from cuLUG (Cairo Univ. Linux User
|> Group) who want to translate Mandrake command Line Manual as they
|> think it will help others to learn Linux. So, is it located in
|> arabeyes cvs?? and can it be done under arabeyes support to be
|> well organized. I think arabeyes is the base for Arabic
|> translation so all translations must be done under its umbrella.
|
| What do you mean by manuals ? Man pages or README pages ? The man
| pages don't work now in Arabic. So it's kind of useless and a waste
| of time to translate them now. The README pages are only 3 to 5
| small HTML pages (and partly translated). I hesitated to import
| them because they are kind of difficult to translate (technically
| speaking, ie dealing with tags and bidi etc) and it's likely that
| they will be transformed into PO files in the future. However, if
| your colleagues really want to work on those just let me know and
| I'll import them very quickly. Otherwise, there is plenty of
| translation work that's awaiting them on other projects ;)

I don't mean man page nor README pages... I mean the documentation
files like "Command Line Manual" and "Starter Guide".  They thought
this files will help people who want to learn linux in an easy way.

| In any case, ask them to register for an account with us.
|
| Let me know,

I told them and they will after exams. ISA ;).

A T
cuLUG member