Re: Want a peace of Debian :)

Hello Abdulaziz:

I am glad you are ready because the Debian installer is ready for arabic translation:)

First you need to remve the debian subdir on your machine so you can check out a new debian cvs repository as it has changed alot again :)

once you checked it out, start on stage 1

You can start on these files. There aren't many but it will get you started:

stage1/console-data_debian_po
stage1/debian-installer.packages.anna
stage1/debian-installer.packages.arch.alpha.aboot-installer
stage1/debian-installer.packages.arch.hppa.palo-installer
stage1/debian-installer.packages.arch.i386.grub-installer
stage1/debian-installer.packages.arch.i386.lilo-installer
stage1/debian-installer.packages.arch.ia64.elilo-installer
stage1/debian-installer.packages.arch.m68k.vmelilo-installer
stage1/debian-installer.packages.arch.mips.arcboot-installer
stage1/debian-installer.packages.arch.mipsel.colo-installer
stage1/debian-installer.packages.arch.mipsel.delo-installer
stage1/debian-installer.packages.arch.powerpc.quik-installer
stage1/debian-installer.packages.arch.powerpc.yaboot-installer

that is 13 files you can start on. We are talking no ore than a couple of hundred lines :)

Please me know when you are done. the immediate goal is to get stage 1 100%. Once done we will review and commit then celebrate :)

Stage2 and 3 are dependent on weather the new bidi slang package gets accepted into Debian base for testing and unstable. Hopefully it will :)

Anybody else reading this message, let me know and I will gladely assign you some files to work on ... we are at 55% done

Salam
Anmar

Abdulaziz Al-Arfaj wrote:
Hello all,

Anmar, I've mentioned before that I want to translate as much of Debian as I
can. Please assign something to me and I'll get to it. Rest assured I will make
you proud.

Abdulaziz,