Re: Soon 100% for Debian 1st stage

Am Sa, den 24.07.2004 um 12:32 Uhr +0200 schrieb Christian Perrier:
> Quoting Arafat Medini (lumina at silverpen dot de):
> >
> > > A few files are missing for 2nd stage (I just said to forget about
> > > shadow_po)
> >
> > Does this means we don't have to work on shadow.po ?
>

> No : if you can work on it, do it, of course. But this is huge work
> and far from critical when it comes at Debian Installer itself.
>
> This file needs thinking also : will you translate "login:" for
> instance?
>
> Moreover, this package has no central repository and no opened commit
> policy. It is currently maintained by Karl Ramm who delegated me the
> l10n work. This means that I build "l10n non maintainer uploads" from
> time to time. The next one is not scheduled before August 20th, mor
> eor less, when I'll be back from holidays.
>
> But, again, if you have time, go ahead...:-)
>
> Just think to validate the files before commiting:
>
> msgfmt -o /dev/null --statistics <file>
>
> this will show some common errors (\n inconsistencies, variable naming
> errors and so on)
>
> "msgfmt" is part of the GNU gettext tools. On Debian systems "apt-get
> install gettext" should make it.

You're the coordinator, please tell me which files you want me to work
on!
As I am the gnome coordinator I know mainly how to do the work, well at
least I hope so ;)
So don't worry about this! And also about the amount of strings,
normally I can work on any po file with 1 till 1001 strings.
So simply tell me what you want from me and shubbik lubbik everything is
on your hand ;)

yours
Arafat