Re: Soon 100% for Debian 1st stage

Quoting Nadim Shaikli (shaikli at yahoo dot com):

> Christian, in passing - why do most of the files in stage2 and stage3
> have an "_ar" [1] in their name ?  The files as noted on the debian
> page [2] (note "templates" )certainly don't and as such nor should we.
> Do let us know if this must stay this way and why, else I believe we
> need to rename the file in our CVS (to be done by the CVS admin by hand).
> The only reason we changed any of the filenames (on stage1 only) was
> due to the incredible deep hierarchy within (which I'm not seeing in
> [2] so it must be within debian's SVN).

The very best should be naming files like they are on the copy on
Dennis Stampfer pages:

http://people.debian.org/~seppy/d-i/1st-stage/POT/
http://people.debian.org/~seppy/d-i/2nd-stage/POT/
http://people.debian.org/~seppy/d-i/3rd-stage/POT/

There, just replace ".pot" by "ar.po"

This will considerably help the commits back and forth both repositories.

> Is there a ViewCVS or equivalent to peer into debian's repository ?

Not for the 1st stage. Anonymous SVN, and thus the ViewSVN feature, is
disabled because it causes lots of problems.

A non official anon checkout exist, however.

All checkout commands are summarized on:

http://people.debian.org/~seppy/d-i/checkouts.html

For 2nd and 3rd stage, things are very complicated because these are
"regular" Debian packages, each one with its one way to be maintained
(remember there is NO central CVS or SVN repository in Debian : each
maintainer is responsible for his/her own package(s)). Several
packages have CVS or SVN repositories, most of them on the Alioth
machine. This is the case for several packages involved in what we
call 2nd and 3rd stage......but not for all of them : shadow and
pppconfig, for instance.

This is why Dennis and I (and Denis Barbier previously) have setup a
central place where crazy scripts gather all material for l10n....

BTW : if you rename files in stage1, please let me know : I will need
to adapt my commits scripts (which work very well now).