Re: finished glimmer.po

Salam Ayman,

Your work on the file is very good. Most of your mistakes are cosmetic,
and can be ironed out with practice. Take a look at this diff:

http://cvs.arabeyes.org/viewcvs/translate/gnome/extras/glimmer.po.diff?r1=1.1&r2=1.2

look carefully at the yellow lines and try to guess the reasons I made
changes. I like your choice of words, especially the translation of
"rendering" you chose. A few things you need to remember:

1. Qamoose is not intended to be a technical dictionary. You should use
it primarily for non-technical words.

2. We always try to transliterate instead of transcribe, whenever
possible. So, don't write "Emacs", write "إيماكس".

3. OVR was translated تنميق because it stands for Overwrite :)

4. Try not to insert accelerators before letters that require using the
shift key to enter. example: أ

5. If you find it is possible to cut a word out, always cut it out! In
9 cases out of 10 shorter sentences are better sentences. Remember I
said 9 cases out of 10, so you should also be alert and try to
recognize those "tenth sentences" out there where adding a few words
will improve eloquence.

Thats all for now. Please re-read the file carefully. I'm hoping you
will get your CVS account soon (when Mohammed comes back) but in the
meantime I committed the file for you.

After you've re-read the file, you can start working on drgeo.po if you
like. Thats the last file I'm assigning you. From now on, your
coordinator is Arafat Medini. :)

If you need any kind of help thats what we are all here for. Dont
hesitate to ask on the lists if you run into trouble. We're here to
help!

Have a good one!

Abdulaziz,