Re: I need your voice for a Debian Installer demo

--- Christian Perrier <bubulle at debian dot org> wrote:
> I'm currently building a nice thingy with no name yet but which could
> be called "Bubulle's Automagic Babelbox" or something similar.:-)
>
> The idea is getting a machine which constantly installs itself over
> and over, using the new Debian Installer, of course.
>
> The install successively runs in each of the 41 languages d-i is
> translated in, up to a fully operational desktop system. Then, it
> opens a session, waits for a while, then reboots and installs itself
> in the next language.
>
> This box will probably be presented on the Debian booth at the
> Solutions Linux expo in Paris (Feb. 2005). The ultimate goal is of
> course a useless world record and a nice demo on how Debian is hard to
> install (as we keep reading that).
>
> At the end of the session opening, I planned to have the box playing a
> nice welcome message in the current language.
>
> *Here* I need you.
>
> I have already posted this mail to debian-women as I intend to have as
> much as possible female voices just to show that the Free Software
> Community is not made of only half of the world..:-)
>
> But, it seems obvious that I will miss some languages and, anyway,
> this is more or less turning out into an interesting collection of
> Debian voices all around the world.
>
> See http://www.perrier.eu.org/debian/voices for what I have already
> collected..
>
> So, if you want to participate, please just record yourself saying
> "Hello and welcome to your new Debian system in <language>" where
> <language> is of course your own language name.
>
> Example: "Bonjour et bienvenue sur votre nouveau syst���me Debian en
> fran���ais"
>
> Then just put the result somewhere to be picked up and send me the
> URL. Or send me the sound file attached to an e-mail if that is not a
> problem for you.  Thus, everyone will be able to listen to your nice
> voice...
>
> Don't hesitate to record yourself even if someone else already did it
> for your language. After all, we will later be able to collect all
> these voices and keep them somewhere appropriate or (why not?) make
> them a funny Debian package...:-)
>
> Of course, those of you who speak a quite "rare" language are
> privileged and have more chance to be part of the game....:)
>
> Please note that these files are likely to be used in a public event
> and just don't record yourself if you don't want your voice to be used
> that way.
>
> Finally, I do not need ONLY female voices....so even bearded
> old-fashioned geeks are welcome....just go and pick up your mike.....
>
> Please record WAV files if possible, but I'll be able to handle other
> sound format, I guess. Be aware that I'm not a sound processing guru
> though...:-)

I still don't see any Arabic files (in the aforementioned URL) - I think
we need to spend 10-15 minutes to record what is noted there to have a
a much needed presence.  This doesn't get any easier so there is no reason
to be lazy about this (record one yourself, have your sister/mom/wife/etc
do one as well, etc).

Come on folks, do please contribute.