Re: More on KDE's Status

On Tue, 2004-12-28 at 09:08 -0800, Nadim Shaikli wrote:

> Ah... I don't think this is something we ought to do and most certainly
> not _now_.  I highly suggest you take this up with 'core' to further
> clarify the matter.  I know alot has been said and there are raw nerves
> maybe on both ends and to be completely honest and frank 99.9% of what
> I read is shear silly and sophomoric at best.

Not quite. There is no 'formal' agreement to begin with. So, I don't see
why Core should intervene in such an internal subject -- unless Core
plans to make it a habit of getting involved in the maintainership of
each project Arabeyes hosts.

> I think we are all in this "boat" and this was noted many times before.
> Having an established agreement with a said entity does preclude one
> from simply changing their mind midstream - again, we are a professional
> group who would like to uphold professional conduct.  If there is a
> change of heart then this topic needs to be brought-up in the context
> of a defined deadline (ie. "the policy will change starting with 3.3
> release" or similar) to have a rational open debate about the topic.

You are right. I think it would fair to say, once this whole KACST thing
is done with (whenever that is -- I am guessing within a week or so),
that would be it. See? I am open to suggestions ;) However, I am
strongly against having Core get involved in how I run the KDE project.

> I once again caution people from being rash and saying more than what
> is meant.  What is key here is us keeping focus on all our common
> goals and to side-step (professionally) all matters that are hurdles
> no matter how big/small they might seem to some.
>
> Salam and keep those heads cool and collected.

Those skulls (were they heads?) are sitting quietly in my closet and are
getting cooler by the minute ;)

Regards
| Unix the 'right' way |  http://elzubeir.openius.com/|