Re: PROPOSAL: QAC another take + more (Kartouche?)

People not much involved (or having almost no time) ?? i think you mean me!!!

I think it would be nice to have a web based voting mechanism on words/translations (somewhere you could drop in every once in a while, and do something useful).... having an associated discussion is also good... and it would be great if someone could submit extra choices (without the need for any action by the maintainer of the poll).

Another nice thing to do is to implement "Kartouche", a web based PO editor, this allows people running different OSes to join in the translation (even non-techinical people, running windows, who have no idea about CVS/POEdit/whatever, it seems so simple!)

The Kartouche homepage is at http://i18n.kde.org/tools/kartouche/

Ossama Khayat wrote:

--- Abdulaziz Al-Arfaj <aalarfaj at gmail dot com> wrote:
[...]

2. Setting up some sort of web interface for agreement on words. Pft
all we need is a bit of modification on the voting PHP code! Instead
of candidates we will have translations. With this method we easily
involve everyone PLUS we wouldnt get as much noise as if it were done
on the doc list.

This is a great idea. It would be much easier for people not much involved (or having almost no time e.g. me ;-) ) to vote for words and provide the least support.

- Ossama